Working at home and virtual learning can take a toll on your body. Here are some healthy tips that can help you and your child while working on the computer.
- Stretch: Stand erect with one hand grasping the thumb of the other hand behind the back, then pull downwards towards the floor. Take a deep breath, extend your head back, and look at the ceiling while exerting the downward pull.
- Every hour get up and walk around and/or march in place for 30 - 60 sec.
- Use a office chair with lumbar support, adjustable height, and that has arm rests.
- Every 20 minutes of staring at the computer screen, look away at an object on the wall for 20 seconds to take the strain off your eyes.
- Screen placement should be at arms length, about 18" - 24".
- If working at home is a long-term solution for you, you may want to invest in a Veridesk to switch from sitting and standing while working. For more information on the Veridesk Click Here.
Clairpointe Family Chiropractic | 18720 Mack Ave., Suite 120, Grosse Pointe Farms, MI 48236
www.clairpointe.com | (313)886-8030